HOW TO GET CREDENTIALS FOR THE HAVANA BIENNIAL
The Biennial is almost here! Many of our subscribers and friends are asking how to do to get a credential for the Biennial. Our team has made the research (as always), and here we have summarized the different ways:
– If you are a journalist: Accreditation only for journalists starts on April 6th, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at the International Press Center. 23 Street # 152 at O Street. Vedado. Plaza de la Revolución. Phone number: 7832 0526 to 28
– For everyone else, there will be two Accreditation offices opening on April 8th, from 10:00 am to 6: 00 pm.
One of them is located at the Contemporary Art Center Wifredo Lam. San Ignacio Street #22 at Empedrado. Plaza de la Catedral. Old Havana. Phone Number: 7861-2096
The other office is at Cultural Travel Agency Paradiso. 23 Street at P Street. Vedado. Plaza of the Revolution. Phone number: 7836 3564
– There is an Office of accreditation only for collateral exhibitions opening also on April 8th from 10:00 am-6:00 pm at Centro de Desarrollo de las Artes Visuales. San Ignacio Street # 352 at Teniente Rey. Plaza Vieja. Old Havana. Tel: 7801 8533.
– Semi-private tour with ArtempoCuba: These are semiprivate days tours guided by an English speaking art specialist from ArtempoCuba. If you book this tour, you will receive the official Havana Biennial Credential, a bag with the Biennial Catalogue, T-shirt, Ballpoint Pen, a Note Pad, Promotional Items and the entry to a Biennial Party.
The tour includes a visit to at least one official exhibition of the Biennial, a visit to at least one collateral exhibition of the Biennial, a visit to at least one underground independent gallery space, a lunch at a recommended paladar (cost of lunch is not included), visit to at least two artists studios. The tours are approximately 7 hours.
This is great, but to top it all, if you book one of these tours you will be invited to a private opening reception of ArtempoCuba´s collateral Exhibition at the underground gallery space Arsenal Habana. This is also the official book party to celebrate ArtempoCuba’s new edition of Cutting Edge Art in Havana. (including live music, refreshments, rum cocktails, and a souvenir exhibition poster).
Tours are available on April 12, 13, 14, 15, every day the itinerary is different, and there is a discount for multiple days participation. All tours depart 10:00 am from Arsenal Habana Art Space in Old Havana. (Limited to 4 person minimum, 8 person maximum per minivan)
Hurry up and book your spot before April 8th!!!
1 day: $350
2 days: $650 (includes a free copy of Cutting Edge Art in Havana)
3 days: $ 900 (includes a free copy of Cutting Edge Art in Havana)
4 days: $1140 (includes a free copy of Cutting Edge Art in Havana and invitation to another exclusive private event)
– Private Art Tour with ArtempoCuba: This tour normally consists of a 1.5 hour guided tour of the Cuban National Museum of Fine Arts, lunch at a recommended paladar, then visits to 3-4 artists’ studios with one of our ARTempoCuba visual arts specialists.
However, if you are already familiar with the history of Cuban contemporary art, and want to skip the Museum to go directly to the artists’ studios or to a specific exhibition of the Biennial, we can customize your day.
The price for the Art Safari is 450 USD for up to up to three people for a 7-hour day including a chauffeur-driven car. It needs to be paid in advance in order to reserve the date.
The price for the private tour doesn’t include the VIP credential to the Biennial.
(The VIP credential cost is $250 USD per person and needs to be purchased ASAP so don’t hesitate to contact us before April 8th if you want to book this tours)